Micro-CT Contrast Agent for Liver and Spleen Imaging
|Composition:||1,3-bis-[7-(3-amino-2,4,6-triiodophenyl)-heptanoyl]-2-oleoyl glycerol (DHOG) in a 20% (w/v) total triglyceride oil-in-water emulsion with 10% DHOG (nominal 50 mg I/mL)|
|Description:||MediLumine’s Fenestra LC provides visualization of the hepatobiliary system by exploiting the endogenous lipid metabolism pathways present in the body. Fenestra LC mimics chylomicron remnant particles and thereby localizes the contrast-producing lipids it contains into the hepatic parenchyma. Because the uptake and clearance profiles of the lipid molecules are determined by the metabolic status of extracellular and intracellular liver lipases, Fenestra LC provides the ability to assess both hepatobiliary anatomy as well as liver function by CT imaging.|
|Application:||Detection, staging, and monitoring of parenchymal liver diseases, Quantitation of metastatic tumour burdens in soft tissues, soft tissue contrast for multimodal imaging.|
|Disciplines:||Diabetes, Fatty Liver Disease, Oncology, Drug Discovery & Imaging Research|
|User Guides / Brochures / Certificate of Analysis:||Imaging Hepatic CT26 Tumors in BALB/c Mice as a Model of Metastatic Liver Cancer, Fenestra Optimal Usage Guide / Fenestra Product Brochure / Certificate of Analysis|
Detection, Staging and Monitoring Functional Liver Diseases with micro-CT Imaging (eg. Diabetes, NASH, NAFLD)
Micro-CT Quantification of Liver Tumor Burdens
Coronal view (left image) and 3D reconstruction (right image) of male Balb/c mouse with hepatic CT-26 adenocarcinoma 2 hr after IV injection of Fenestra LC. The CT-26 tumor is observed at the lower edge of the liver with a narrow rim of enhanced liver below the tumor and was colorized (purple) in the 3D reconstruction.
- Lasnon C, Quak E, Briand M, Gu Z, Louis MH, Aide N. Contrast-enhanced small-animal PET/CT in cancer research: strong improvement of diagnostic accuracy without significant alteration of quantitative accuracy and NEMA NU 4-2008 image quality parameters. EJNMMI Res. 2013 Jan 17;3(1):5.
- Akladios CY, Bour G, Raykov Z, Mutter D, Marescaux J and Aprahamian M. Structural imaging of the pancreas in rat using micro-CT: application to a non-invasive longitudinal evaluation of pancreatic ductal carcinoma monitoring. J Cancer Res Ther. 2013, 1(2): 70–76
- Akladios CY, Bour G, Balboni G, Mutter D, Marescaux J, Aprahamian M. [Contribution of microCT structural imaging to preclinical evaluation of hepatocellular carcinoma chemotherapeutics on orthotopic graft in ACI rats]. Bull Cancer. 2011 Feb;98(2):120-32. doi: 10.1684/bdc.2011.1303.
- Martiniova L, Schimel D, Lai EW, Limpuangthip A, Kvetnansky R, Pacak K. In vivo micro-CT imaging of liver lesions in small animal models. Methods 50 (2010) 20–25
- Kitahashi T, Mutoh M, Tsurusaki M, Iinuma G, Suzuki M, Moriyama N, Yoshimoto M, Wakabayashi K, Sugimura T, Imai T. Imaging study of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas in Syrian hamsters using X-ray micro-computed tomography (CT). Cancer Sci. 2010 Jul;101(7):1761-6. Epub 2010 Apr 7.
- Rampurwala M, Ravoori MK, Wei W, Johnson VE, Vikram R, Kundra V. Visualization and quantification of intraperitoneal tumors by in vivo computed tomography using negative contrast enhancement strategy in a mouse model of ovarian cancer. Transl Oncol. 2009 May;2(2):96-106.
- Choukèr A, Lizak M, Schimel D, Helmberger T, Ward JM, Despres D, Kaufmann I, Bruns C, Löhe F, Ohta A, Sitkovsky MV, Klaunberg B, Thiel M. Comparison of Fenestra VC Contrast-enhanced computed tomography imaging with gadopentetate dimeglumine and ferucarbotran magnetic resonance imaging for the in vivo evaluation of murine liver damage after ischemia and reperfusion. Invest Radiol. 2008 Feb;43(2):77-91.
- Graham KC, Ford NL, MacKenzie LT, Postenka CO, Groom AC, MacDonald IC, Holdsworth DW, Drangova M, Chambers AF. Noninvasive quantification of tumor volume in preclinical liver metastasis models using contrast-enhanced x-ray computed tomography. Invest Radiol. 2008 Feb;43(2):92-9.
- Martiniova L, Ohta S, Guion P, Schimel D, Lai EW, Klaunberg B, Jagoda E, Pacak K. Anatomical and Functional Imaging of Tumors in Animal Models Focus on Pheochromocytoma. Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci., 1073:392-404, 2006.
- Ohta S, Lai EW, Morris JC, Bakan DA, Klaunberg B, Cleary S, Powers JF, Tischler AS, Abu-Asab M, Schimel D, Pacak K. MicroCT for high-resolution imaging of ectopic pheochromocytoma tumors in the liver of nude mice. Int. J. Cancer, 119:2236-2241, 2006.
- Ohta S, Lai EQ, Taniguchi S, Tischler AS, Alesci S, Pacak K. Animal Models of Pheochromocytoma Including NIH Initial Experience. Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 1073:300-305, 2006.
- Oldham M, Sakhalkar H, Oliver T, Wang YM, Kirpatrick J, Cao Y, Badea C, Johnson GA, Dewhirst M. Three-dimensional imaging of xenograft tumors using optical computed and emission tomography. Medical Physics. 33(9):2193-3202, 2006.
- Weber SM, Peterson KA, Durkee B, Qi C, Longino MA, Warner TM, Lee FT Jr, Weichert JP. Imaging of Murine Liver Tumor using MicroCT with a Hepatocyte-Selective Contrast Agent: Accuracy Is Dependent on Adequate Contrast Enhancement. J Surg Research, 119(1):41-5, 2004.
- Wisner ER, Weichert JP, Longino MA, Counsell RE. Percutaneous CT lymphography using a new polyiodinated biomimetic microemulsion. Academic Radiology 9:S191-93, 2002.
- Wisner ER, Weichert JP, Longino MA, Counsell RE, Weisbrode ST. A polyiodinated chylomicron remnant-like emulsion for percutaneous CT lymphography: synthesis and preliminary findings. Invest Radiol. 37(4):232-9, 2002.
- Weichert JP, Lee FT Jr., Chosy, SG, Longino MA, Kuhlman JE, Heisey DM, Leverson GE. Combined hepatocyte-selective and blood-pool contrast agents for the CT detection of experimental liver tumors in rabbits. Radiology 216:865-871, 2000.
- Weichert JP, Longino MA, Spigarelli MG, Lee Jr FT, Schwendner SW, Counsell RE. Computed Tomography Scanning of Morris Hepatoma with Liver-Specific Polyiodinated Triglycerides. Acad. Radiol. 3:412-417, 1996.
- Weichert JP, Lee FT Jr., Longino MA,Bakan DA, Spigarelli MG, Francis IR and Counsell RE. Computed tomography scanning of hepatic tumors with polyiodinated triglycerides. Acad. Radiol. Aug;3 Suppl 2:S229-31.
Iodinated Nanoemulsion for micro-CT Imaging
1,3-bis-[7-(3-amino-2,4,6-triiodophenyl)-heptanoyl]-2-oleoyl glycerol (DHOG) in a 20% (w/v) total triglyceride oil-in-water emulsion with 10% DHOG