Vision without Sacrifice Campaign
Assessing the effectiveness of a therapeutic intervention pre-clinically with in vivo research is a challenging task – where is the drug compound 2h, 4h, 6h, 8h after administration? What is the toxicity of the agent at 2h, 4h, 8h, 24h, 48h, 3 days, one week, one month?
One way of obtaining data for in vivo experimental research is with terminal experiments where laboratory animals are sacrificed and examined at multiple time points. Advances in small animal imaging and experimental in vivo research have enabled ways of obtaining this data at different time points while reducing size of examined animal cohorts.
MediLumine Inc. wants to be your partner for your in vivo research. We believe strongly in three Rs’ (Replace, Reduce, Refine) of animal research. Are you performing any longitudinal in vivo studies with our products? How many animals are saved by using an in vivo research strategy such as small animal imaging?
We offer up to 20% discount for studies using our products in longitudinal studies: for every animal you save with a longitudinal in vivo study, we will offer a 1% discount for your next order with our products!
- Replace current research strategies and reduce the amount of animals used by adopting a longitudinal in vivo research strategy.
- Reduce the number of animals used with longitudinal in vivo imaging studies using in vivo imaging contrast agents.
- Reduce the number of animals used with longitudinal imaging studies assessing effectiveness of therapeutic intervention.
- Refine tail vein injection protocols by increasing successful outcomes of tail vein injections and by reducing stress of animals during the procedure.
- Reduce animal mortality rates by using small anesthetic system with stable anesthetic vaporizer.